While I was dehydrating apples and grapes; my daughter, Sasha, was in the kitchen making a batch of summer fresh watermelon infused vodka. Her summertime cocktail recipe is fast, easy, and will impress all your friends!
Here's how it's done:
1. Cut your watermelon in neat cubes and fill the jars to the top
2. Now, fill the remainder of the jar with vodka
Sasha typically uses Skyy Vodka when she makes infused vodkas.
3. Finally, sugar must be added to the mix. In the larger mason jars, she adds 3 teaspoons.
Lesser amounts of sugar is needed for smaller jars. In this case, she added one
teaspoon of sugar in the salsa jars.
More sugar can always be added, to taste, to the final product.
4. After sugar is added, turn upside down to mix the sugar and liquid.
5. Place on a shelf for 2 - 3 days, making sure to shake daily.
6. Before serving, strain over a cheese cloth to catch any seeds or melon pieces.
You just made Watermelon Infused Vodka, enjoy!