Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dehydrating Apple Day in Kate Bangs' Kitchen

Its Dehydrating Apple Day. I say day because it takes a full day to make these delectable fruit slices that last and last. Once the water is removed from the fruit, they will keep for months, and if stored correctly, they will last for years. Perfect for food storage enthusiasts, homesteaders and preppers.
Fresh dehydrated apples need no preservatives or additives and make an excellent snack for children or adults watching their weight. I like something sweet after dinner and I enjoy them with a cup of tea in the evening.
I always have a big jar of dehydrated fruits on my shelf.


Thanks for visiting my blog. That's me with a big box of fresh apples

Peeled, cored and ready to dry

My Excalibur dehydrator is perfect for maintaining the vitamins, minerals and enzymes in
my apples. Great for healthy raw food lovers.

Apples labeled, packed and ready to mail

Dried apple slices with a strawberry petal 
Single serving snack size bags. Each bag holds 1 to 1 1/2 apples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment