Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Sparkling Rhinestone Recycled Flour Jar

Make a Sparkling Green Kitchen Project
Thanks for visiting my blog today


Re-use, re-claim and sparkle! I love to reclaim my bottles and jars. I find so many ways to use them. One of my favorite ways is to turn them into beautiful vintage inspired kitchen canisters. I made this one out of a reclaimed spaghetti jar, a re-purposed stretchy rhinestone bracelet and a simple label that I made on my computer.

Here is how I made it:
  • Clean your jar
  • Prime and paint top lid in color of your choice. I picked a creamy white
  • Print out your label sheet using sticker papers
  • Cut out just the word Flour in an oval shape and cover with contact paper. Leave a little extra contact paper around the edges so you will make a tight seal on your jar.
  • Remove paper backing and apply to jar

  • Glue your rhinestone bracelet around your label using Glass and Gem Glue. I found my glue at a craft store.
  • Let dry over night

  • Now your reclaimed jar has a classic, vintage, chic, glamour, gourmet and girly look and feel  

  • Add flour of your choice and enjoy!

Right click on image and save to your computer





No comments:

Post a Comment